GERTECH Handling Systems offers top quality corrugated Hopper steel silos, or -bins, for grain storage. The Hopper Bin, or Elevated Hopper Bin, is also known as Hopper Bottom Silos, or Conical Silos, and is equipped with a hopper bottom outlet, in stead of the, usually larger, flat bottom silos. These type of silos are mainly used for storage of free flowing grains and some types of semi free flowing products from other industries like storage of plastic pellets.
Diameters available for Hopper Bins -
Range from 3.6 m to 14.55 m.
Volumetric capacities for Hopper Bins -
Up to 4 470 m3.
Generally, the maximum bulk density of the grain to be stored is 830 kg/m3.
1500Ton Barley Hopper Bins
40Ton Tea Hopper Bins
Barley Hopper Bin Complex
- Full turnkey grain storage and handling facility – from concrete foundations to grain monitoring systems;
- Grain ventilation / Grain aeration;
- Grain intake – including intake pits and weighbridge facilities;
- Conveyors and bucket elevators;
- Grain cleaners;
- Grain dryers / driers;
- Protection Coatings available for Silos - Galvanizing and Magnelis coatings (For details on Magnelis coatings);
- Complete Grain handling systems.